~Headboard and Nightstand~
- An orbital sander.
- Black sanding blocks (several different grits).
- Vinyl gloves (so you don't stain your hands too !).
- Scott brand towels for everything! -cleaning furniture, staining, polyurethaning, etc.
- Minwax Walnut Gel Stain.
- Minwax Wipe On Satin Polyurethane.
- Foam brushes for painting if you are not spraying - it is so nice to just toss them!
- I also use plain old latex house paint in a satin finish. Walmart's Antique White is a great color too.
- I have found that a good sanding, cleaning and several light coats of paint, stain and a few coats of polyurethane can update just about anything!!
Finally, my advise to anyone who is thinking of refinishing a piece is to "JUST DO IT"!! It's only paint. Start with something you don't really care about so, if you do mess up then you can just haul it back to where you found it in the first place:) Trust me I have done that many times myself!!! LOL!
Thank you Kierste for having me...