These 2 little bar stools have been in my kitchen for several years. They were just the right size for helping little kidlets get into everything!!
Well, I decided since I am over the crow (they are stenciled on top) thing...they needed a little update. Enter...Rustoleum Heirloom White spray paint. Now, I have never used spray paint before and since my lovely air compressor is BURIED in the back of the garage I figured "what the heck"!!
So, to begin...
- I sanded them to "rough" up the existing finish and cleaned off the sawdust.
- I then sprayed them with the spray paint. I gotta tell ya, I really liked it :). It was super easy and fast!
- Next, I stenciled them with the number's 3 &5 to update their look (I custom make my stencils - super easy).
- Then, I sanded them with a 120 grit sanding block.
- After that I stained them with Old Dad's Old World stain. I made sure to leave some of the stain in the grooves to create that aged feel.
- Finally, they received 3 coats of poly for added protection.